Overview of the course:
Negotiation Skills training course covers a wide range of topics such as negotiation strategy, game Theory, psychological tactics, human emotional states, bargaining and so on, which prepares delegates for a variety of situations that require negotiation.
Negotiation is a skill that we use almost every day. However, negotiation is also one of those skills that everyone learns on the job. From early age, kids learn how to negotiate with their parents over what they
want and enhance this skill as they learn from their success. However, as we grow we seem to lose that skill and become less successful in getting exactly what we want. Somehow our perspective changes and we develop bad habits. Unfortunately, most people are not trained systematically on negotiations even though this skill can be quite beneficial to them in both their personal and professional lives.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to: Understand the underlying principles of negotiation and learn what you can do to get the best outcome & use a negotiation strategy that moves you closer to a win/win outcome.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the underlying principles of negotiation and learn what you can do to get the best outcome
- Use a negotiation strategy that moves you closer to a win/win outcome
- Prepare for negotiation by following a step-by-step approach and set your critical limits
- Use a set of psychological tactics to explore the other side’s motives & learn how to respond to tactics used by them
- Derive specific values based on your negotiation variables & use them to bargain systematically over your settlement range
- Finalise the outcome of your negotiation to get exactly what you have asked for
Who needs the course?
Most people are not trained systematically on negotiations even though this skill can be quite beneficial to them in both their personal and professional lives.
This course covers a wide range of topics such as negotiation strategy, game theory, psychological tactics, human emotional states, bargaining and so on which prepares delegates for a variety of situations that require negotiation. Case studies and scenarios such as business to business negotiations, sales scenarios and product presentations are provided along with slides, animations and illustrations that better help to show how bargaining tactics are played out.
Real world negotiation examples are examined in detail and delegates are then asked to participate in similar setup to use the negotiation principles discussed in the course. Comprehensive step-by-step instructions are provided for trainers to help delegates understand the core principles of negotiation and monitor their progress through practicals.
The course also contains a number of optional exercises which along with the broad content provided makes it easy to extend the course to 1.5 days if necessary. Instructions on this are provided in the guidelines for trainers included in the pack to pace the course correctly.
INTRODUCTION TO NEGOTIATION
- Why do you need to negotiate?
- What types of negotiations exist?
- What are the characteristics of a confident negotiator?
- How to handle conflicts in negotiations?
- What steps do you need to go through when negotiating?
- What is the difference between negotiation and persuasion?
- Introduction to negotiation
- Negotiation strategy
- How to negotiate
- Emotions in negotiations
- Handling psychological tactics in negotiations
For more information on Negotiation skills, click here.
To know more about other courses in Soft Skills Academy, click here.
Frequently Asked Question
- Business Management -What is business management meaning?
- Certificate in business management course -Can I get business certificate?
- Certificate in sales and marketing -Are sales certifications worth it?
- Company Secretary Short Courses -How do I train to be a secretary?
- International business management course-Why study business courses?
Connect with us on Social Media
To see our Google Reviews
About Certification and Awarding Body
KHDA Certificate :
Course completion certificate attested by KHDA(Knowledge and Human Development Authority, UAE).
The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is responsible for the growth and quality of private education in Dubai. We support schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors and government partners to create a high quality education sector focused on happiness and wellbeing.
Title : NEGOTIATION SKILLS
For application process, please contact us.
Kindly fill the below details to download the Brochure