Overview of the course:
In this course, students will learn how to design and build cloud solutions such as applications and services. This course helps people prepare for exam AZ-203.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of service development and data access strategies using the .NET platform.
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and its compute, data, and application hosting offerings.
- Design and develop a data-centric application using Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework Core.
- Design, implement, and consume HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Extend HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Host services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy services to both on-premises and cloud environments and manage the interface and policy for their services.
- Choose a data storage solution, cache, distribute, and synchronize data.
- Monitor, log, and troubleshoot services.
- Describe claim-based identity concepts and standards, and implement authentication and authorization with Azure Active Directory.
- Create scalable service applications
Who needs the course?
This course is for Azure developers who design and build cloud solutions such as applications and services. They participate in all phases of development, from solution design, to development and deployment, to testing and maintenance. They partner with cloud solution architects, cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, and clients to implement the solution.
Students should be proficient in developing apps and services by using Azure tools and technologies, including storage, security, compute, and communications. Students must have at least one year of experience developing scalable solutions through all phases of software development and be skilled in at least one cloud-supported programming language.
Detailed Course Content:
Develop Azure Infrastructure as a Service compute solutions (10-15%)
Implement solutions that use virtual machines (VM)
- provision VMs
- create ARM templates
- configure Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
Implement batch jobs by using Azure Batch Services
- manage batch jobs by using Batch Service API
- run a batch job by using Azure CLI, Azure portal, and other tools
- write code to run an Azure Batch Services batch job
Create containerized solutions
- create an Azure Managed Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster
- create container images for solutions
- publish an image to the Azure Container Registry
- run containers by using Azure Container Instance or AKS
Develop Azure Platform as a Service compute solutions (20-25%)
Create Azure App Service Web Apps
- create an Azure App Service Web App
- create an Azure App Service background task by using WebJobs
- enable diagnostics logging
Create Azure App Service mobile apps
- add push notifications for mobile apps
- enable offline sync for mobile app
- implement a remote instrumentation strategy for mobile devices
Create Azure App Service API apps
- create an Azure App Service API app
- create documentation for the API by using open source and other tools
Implement Azure functions
- implement input and output bindings for a function
- implement function triggers by using data operations, timers, and webhooks
- implement Azure Durable Functions
- create Azure Function apps by using Visual Studio
Develop for Azure storage (15-20%)
Develop solutions that use storage tables
- design and implement policies for tables
- query table storage by using code
- implement partitioning schemes
Develop solutions that use Cosmos DB storage
- create, read, update, and delete data by using appropriate APIs
- implement partitioning schemes
- set the appropriate consistency level for operations
Develop solutions that use a relational database
- provision and configure relational databases
- configure elastic pools for Azure SQL Database
- create, read, update, and delete data tables by using code
Develop solutions that use blob storage
- move items in blob storage between storage accounts or containers
- set and retrieve properties and metadata
- implement blob leasing
- implement data archiving and retention
Implement Azure security (10-15%)
- implement authentication by using certificates, forms-based authentication, or tokens
- implement multi-factor or Windows authentication by using Azure AD
- implement OAuth2 authentication
- implement Managed Service Identity (MSI)/Service Principal authentication
Implement access control
- implement CBAC (Claims-Based Access Control) authorization
- implement RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) authorization
- create shared access signatures
Implement secure data solutions
- encrypt and decrypt data at rest and in transit
- create, read, update, and delete keys, secrets, and certificates by using the KeyVault API
Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize solutions (10-15%)
Develop code to support scalability of apps and services
- implement auto scaling rules and patterns (schedule, operational/system metrics, singleton applications)
- implement code that handles transient faults
Integrate caching and content delivery within solutions
- store and retrieve data in Azure Redis cache
- develop code to implement CDNs in solutions
- invalidate cache content (CDN or Redis)
Instrument solutions to support monitoring and logging
- configure instrumentation in an app or service by using Application Insights
- analyze and troubleshoot solutions by using Azure Monitor
- implement Application Insights Web Test and Alerts
Connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services (20-25%)
Develop an App Service Logic App
- create a Logic App
- create a custom connector for Logic Apps
- create a custom template for Logic Apps
Integrate Azure Search within solutions
- create an Azure Search index
- import searchable data
- query the Azure Search index
Establish API Gateways
- create an APIM instance
- configure authentication for APIs
- define policies for APIs
Develop event-based solutions
- implement solutions that use Azure Event Grid
- implement solutions that use Azure Notification Hubs
- implement solutions that use Azure Event Hub
Develop message-based solutions
- implement solutions that use Azure Service Bus
- implement solutions that use Azure Queue Storage queues
Exam and Certification if Public Exam- Public Exam
Specific Certification Title: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
About Awarding Body:
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge Web browsers.
Candidates for this exam are Azure Developers who design and build cloud solutions such as applications and services. Candidates must have at least one year of experience developing scalable solutions through all phases of software development and be skilled in at least one cloud-supported programming language.
Total Number of Questions: 40-60
Passing Score: 700
Time: 150 minutes
Exam can be taken anytime in the year. Exam can be scheduled by clicking “schedule exam” link on Exam AZ-203 page on Microsoft portal.
Membership Fee: Not Applicable
Exam fee: $165 USD