Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)™ is a designation earned by professionals who have demonstrated their competency in the core standards of patient safety and application. CPPS certification Provides those working in patient safety ways to display their proficiency and skill in the discipline. This allows employers to validate a potential candidate's patient safety knowledge and skill base, critical competencies for today's healthcare environment. The Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) credential is maintained every three years.
- Discuss the assessment of patient safety culture and steps to educate and promote safety culture.
- Describe the importance of aligning patient safety strategy with Organizational goals and establishing metrics for patient safety responsibilities.
- Acquire health professional education in patient safety.
- Apply mechanisms to identify, analyze and manage risk and involve appropriate tools.
- Acquire knowledge, skills, and practice questions to pass the CPPS certification examination administered by CBPPS.
- Review in depth the six patient safety domains, following the exam content outline of cpps course.
- Evaluate patient safety scenario examples similar to actual exam questions
- Assess your level of preparedness for the cpps certification exam and address additional areas for self-study
Who needs the CPPS course?
Patient Safety Professionals
Quality and Risk Management Professionals
Non-Clinical Health Care Professionals
All other health care professionals with the requisite background
Detailed CPPS Test Preparation Course Content:
Candidates will be tested on the following five patient safety domains:
- Patient Safety Risks & Solutions
- Measuring & Improving Performance
Systems Thinking & Design/Human Factors, diploma in occupational health students can gain knowledge and skills of health and safety in the workplace. Zabeel offers the best study guide, and practice exam.
To get more information about other related courses like OET classes, click here
To see our Google Reviews
Awarding body: Certification Board for Professional in Patient Safety (CBPPS)
Exam and Certification if Public Exam- Public Exam
Specific Certification Title: Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
About Awarding Body: The Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety (CBPPS) is an elected body that has strategic and fiduciary oversight of the certification program.
The CPPS Expert Oversight Committee (EOC), as an advisory body to the CBPPS, is responsible for overseeing the examination and re-credentialing processes for the CPPS credential and ensuring that certification continues to meet the high standards required for the profession.
CPPS certification requirements and eligibility:
- Individuals from across the health care spectrum may sit for the Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) examination providing they possess a baseline combination of education, experience, and a commitment to improving the safety of patient care.
- Candidates for the CPPS credential are those who include patient safety practices as an integral component of current or future professional responsibilities. In addition, candidates must possess academic and professional experience at one of the following levels:
- – Baccalaureate degree or higher plus 3 years of experience (includes time spent in clinical rotations and residency programs) in a health care setting or with a provider of services to the health care industry
- – Associate degree or equivalent plus 5 years of experience (includes time spent in clinical rotations) in a health care setting or with a provider of services to the health care industry
Examination Pattern :
Taking the Exam
- – You have the opportunity to work with the software features prior to starting the exam
- – 2-hour time limit (110 questions of which 100 are graded)
- – Ability to bookmark questions to come back to later!
Passing the Exam
- – You will find out if you passed at the end of the exam
- – Scores and performance on specific questions is not provided
- – Overall pass rate: approx 70%
The examination is administered by appointment only. Available dates will be indicated when you schedule your examination. Candidates are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis. Candidates will be given two hours to complete the examination.
The cost of the CPPS examination is US $449.
International candidates, please add $100 (US dollars) for international examination fee.
- IHI Premium Members
- IHI Premium Plus Members
- Stand Up for Patient Safety (SUPS) Members
Kindly fill the below details to download the Brochure