CFE certification – Is CFE a good certification?
With the competition in the job market ever increasing, it pays to have something that makes you stand out. One method to do this is by getting the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification. But what exactly is CFE, and is it worth getting? In this article, we’ll explore what CFE certification entails and whether or not it’s worthwhile.
Introduction to CFE Certification
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is among the most well-respected and globally recognized anti-fraud certifications. Earning your CFE credential demonstrates to employers, clients, and peers that you have the knowledge, skills, and experience to detect and prevent fraud effectively.
CFEs must adhere to a strict code of ethics and complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis to maintain their credential. The CFE credential is presented by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the world’s most prominent anti-fraud organization, with over 75,000 members in over 150 countries.
Whether you’re just starting your fraud examination profession or a seasoned professional examining to take your job to the next level, obtaining your CFE credential can open doors for new opportunities and help you stand out.
What is CFE Certification?
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is one of the world’s most well-respected and sought-after anti-fraud credentials. The CFE credential demonstrates to employers, clients, and peers that the holder has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to detect and prevent fraud.
The CFE credential is offered by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the world’s most considerable anti-fraud organization. To earn the CFE credential, candidates must complete a four-hour computer-based examination consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions covering five main subject areas:
- Financial Transactions and Fraud Schemes
- Report Writing and Testimony
In addition to passing the examination, candidates must also agree to abide by the ACFE Code of Professional Ethics and complete at least two years of professional knowledge in one or more additional of the five subject areas covered by the examination.
Benefits of CFE Certification
As the world of financial crime continues to evolve, so does the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential. The CFE credential is the premier anti-fraud designation recognized internationally and is held by more than 23,000 professionals in 165 countries.
The CFE credential represents a comprehensive understanding of fraud prevention, detection, and deterrence. CFEs are equipped with the knowledge and skills to protect organizations from fraud.
There are many benefits of holding the CFE credential, including the following:
- Enhanced Career Opportunities: The CFE credential is highly respected by employers and can open doors to new and exciting career opportunities.
- Increased Earning Potential: On average, CFEs earn 20% more than their non-certified counterparts.
- Improved Job Satisfaction: 92% of CFEs report feeling more satisfied since becoming certified.
- Greater Job Security: In today’s competitive job market, the CFE credential can give you a leg up on the competition and help you keep your job in tough times.
Requirements for Obtaining the CFE Certification
There are four requirements for obtaining the CFE Certification:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Four years of professional experience in financial crime detection, Investigation, or prevention
- Passing score on the Certified Fraud Examiner Exam
- Completion of the ACFE Anti-Fraud Specialist Program
Cost of Obtaining the CFE Certification
The cost of obtaining the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is $1,495 for members and $1,995 for non-members. The cost includes the application fee, exam fee, and study materials. There is also a one-time credentialing fee of $100.
The exam fee covers the cost of taking the four-hour computer-based exam. The study materials include the ACFE’s Study Guide and Practice Tests, available online or in print form. The ACFE also offers an online course, “Fraud 101: An Introduction to Fraud Examination,” which costs $695 for members and $995 for non-members.
To maintain the CFE credential, certificates must complete at least 20 hours of continuing education every two years and pay a biennial renewal fee of $85 for members and $185 for non-members.
How to Prepare for the Exam?
The CFE Exam is a three-hour computer-based exam with multiple-choice and essay questions. The multiple-choice questions test your knowledge of fraud examination techniques and procedures, while the essay questions require you to apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios.
When you sit down to take the exam, ensure you are well-rested and have eaten a nutritious meal beforehand. This will help you stay focused during the three-hour testing period. Also, be sure to bring plenty of sharpened pencils and erasers with you so that you can fill in your answer sheet correctly.
Alternatives to the CFE Certification
There are a few different types of financial certification that you can get, and the Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) credential is just one option. Here are some other popular choices:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
Each of these certifications has its requirements, but in general, they require you to have specific knowledge in the finance industry and pass an exam. The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners offers the CFE credential, focusing on fraud detection and prevention. If you’re interested in this field, the CFE could be a good choice. However, it’s worth considering all your options before deciding.
About CFE Certification
CFE Certification and Training Courses are among the most demanded certification courses in Dubai, Sharjah, Abudhabi, and UAE. The system provides training on various subjects like accounting, auditing, fraud investigation, fraud prevention, and loss prevention.
Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse estimates that the typical organization loses about 5 percent of its revenues to fraud each year. In extreme cases, a copy can bring an entire company down to its knees. Certified Fraud Examiners, with their unique skills, can help prevent and detect fraud; as such, they are highly valued and sought after by organizations that span various industries.
The CFE Certification imparts fraud prevention, detection, and deterrence expertise. CFEs can identify the warning signs that show the evidence of fraud and risk of fraud; they can protect the global economy by uncovering fraud and executing plans beforehand to prevent fraud.
This Certification can equip you with skills that are not found in other career disciplines. It imparts knowledge of complex financial transactions, investigative techniques, legal issues, and the ability to resolve fraud allegations.
Today, careers in the anti-fraud industry continue to grow as organizations seek individuals with this unique skill set.
To learn more about the CFE certification, click here.
Significance of CFE Certification in 2023
The CFE certification will help you succeed in the investment and finance industry. This course has a self-study format. It allows you to continue working full-time, and you can progress toward earning the CFE charter.
Benefits of CFE Certification
- Boost your revenues: CFEs earn 31 percent greater than their non-certified coworkers, according to the 2017/2018 Settlement Guide for Anti-Fraud Professionals.
- Development of your career: Students who want to enter the investment industry. Professionals who are looking to widen their skills. People who want to change their careers into the investment sector from other disciplines.
- Boost your marketability and also job safety and security.
- Gain expert visibility and credibility: The CFE is accepted worldwide as the quality standard in the anti-fraud career.
- Distinguish yourself from your peers: The CFE credential is recognized in leading organizations’ hiring and promotion policies.
- Self-Adequacy and Joy: The CFE course is not just crucial for extrinsic reasons such as a rise in pay and promotional chances. It is likewise vital for inherent reasons.
Training Facility in UAE: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah.
You are reading the right article if you are looking for a CFE certification course in Dubai, Abudhabi, and Sharjah in UAE. Zabeel Institute has designed the best CFE exam preparation course.
CFE Training offered by Zabeel Institute stands out from other training in the market.
CFE exam result and pass percentage at Zabeel Institute is very high, which is increasing daily under the instructor’s constant support and guidance. Zabeel Institute is well known for delivering several successful batches for CFE every year. Zabeel ensures to help all students with all sorts of assistance for their brilliant performance in the exam.
Zabeel Institute, established in 1988, is a leading Educational and Training Institute for executives in Dubai. Zabeel Institute is by the KHDA and Ministry of Education UAE. Zabeel offers training programs to professionals from various industries like Airlines, Travel & Tourism, Engineering, Construction, Accounts & Finance, Information Technology, Logistics, Languages, and Management. Zabeel’s career-specific courses are imparted through interactive teaching techniques, state-of-the-art technology, and experienced and highly qualified faculty.
- More than 32 Years of Experience in training Professional Executives
- Achiever of many QUALITY AWARDS for training from 1988 till date
- Qualified & Certified Trainers
- Sophisticated lab with high-end machines and licensed software
- Certificates attested by the Ministry of Education, UAE
- Vast resource materials for reference and course materials
- Free online support for further assistance
- Free follow-up orientation seminars & workshops
- Integrated Training & Career Development Plan
Please visit the KHDA website to learn more about Zabeel :
Zabeel Institute helps you evaluate the CFE certification based on your education and experience and will further guide you.
To know more about CFE certification cost in UAE, fee, exam cost, exam fees, Certification, general certification cost, and more, please Contact Zabeel Institute!
Zabeel offers CFE certification in Dubai and Sharjah in the UAE
For further information, please contact:-
Phone: 00971 4 3974905
To learn more about the CFE certification, visit
In conclusion, the CFE certification is an excellent way to differentiate yourself in the financial industry and demonstrate your commitment to professional excellence. By taking a CFE course and passing the exam, you can gain access to numerous resources that will allow you to stay ahead of current trends and regulations. If you seek ways to develop your career prospects further or seek tangible proof of your dedication, obtaining a CFE certification is worth considering.