About CDCS training Course
CDCS course is also known as (CDCS®) is a professional qualification recognized worldwide as a benchmark of competence for international trade practitioners. It enables documentary credit practitioners to demonstrate practical knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with documentary credit practice. Achieving CDCS designation allows you to add the professional qualification ‘CDCS’ after your name, improving your career and promotion prospects. For Trade Practitioners In a highly competitive global market, the CDCS designation puts you head and shoulders above your peers by demonstrating your commitment to the industry and deep knowledge as a trade professional. Zabeel International offers intensive 60 hours of CDCS training course for the Exam preparation.
Learning Outcome of CDCS training Course1
The benefits of continuing professional development include the following:
- It enables you to demonstrate a level of expertise in documentary credits recognized worldwide
- It improves your knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with documentary credit best practice
- It helps you develop the skills needed to apply your knowledge in the workplace and maximize your performance
- It helps you to learn how to comply with regulatory requirements
- It fosters innovation in customer service and improves your customer relationships
- On completion of the CDCS qualification, you will be able to use the designation CDCS after your name for three years and be included on the CDCS Registry.
WHY BANKS AND BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS VALUE CDCS QUALIFICATIONS: Companies striving to find and recruit new staff having CDCS Qualifications because :
Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists are recognized as the Highest Qualified International Trade Practitioners and they demonstrate the highest level of knowledge and understanding of the complex issues associated with documentary credit practice.
The Benefits of CDCS Designation – for Financial Institutions. With a team of CDCS® certified professionals, banks are able to showcase to prospective clients their capabilities to handle letters of credit and resolve challenging questions and issues. Their business relies on the delivery of quality services for banking and corporate clients. CDCS® certification can assure their clients that their professional trade group is deeply knowledgeable and that their business transactions are safe, secure, and technically sound.
As per Leadership and Learning Development Executive at Global Financial Institution “CDCS is seen as an elite certification, demonstrating our team’s expertise to our clients. But achieving and maintaining the CDCS certification also serves as a critical career developmental program for our highly trained employees to expand and deepen their own capabilities, lead their teams, and grow our business. Even studying for the rigorous CDCS exam helps increase our employees’ product knowledge. From a character trait standpoint, our CDCS professionals are self-motivated, pay high attention to detail, demonstrate high energy and are able to look at details from a global perspective – all qualities valued by our clients.”
Who needs this course?
- It is the best course for the Trade Finance Practitioners who want to add depth and edge to their knowledge about the highly complex field of International Trade Finance and want to rise and Head and Shoulder above their peers in tackling the complex intricacies of the world of Documentary credits
- It would be highly valuable for Exporters, Importers and Trade Finance professionals/ Banking professionals who would like to prove themselves in the field International Trade and Finance on global scale.
- Very useful course for Entrepreneurs who want to enter the Lucrative field of International Trade.
- When a Businessman or Senior Executive of an MNC / Company is negotiating the Terms of Trade Contract with a Businessman/Distributor/customer/company in another country / continent , then having a knowledge about Universally Accepted Documentary Credit Rules like UCP 600, ISBP 745 , Inco Terms and the Associated Risks and Responsibilities , and Different clauses and interpretation of different clauses of Documentary Credits can provide an edge to the negotiating skills and Bargaining power resulting in savings of millions of dollars.
Detailed Course Content:
CDCS® develops core knowledge and understanding of the following areas:
- Documentary credits – types, characteristics and uses, including standby credits
- Rules and trade terms, including ISBP 745, ISP 98, UCP 600, URR 725 and Incoterms 2010®
- Parties to documentary credit transactions and their roles and obligations
- Types and methods of payment / credit used in documentary credit transactions. Types of transport, commercial and financial documents used in documentary credits
- Risk issues, including types of risk, control and mitigants
- Related products, including letters of indemnity, air way releases and steamship guarantees
- Implications of breaching rules related to financial crime including money laundering and terrorist financing
CDCS Training Course Outline :
- The history and use of documentary credits
- The role of the International Chambers of Commerce and the development of the UCP
- Documentary credits and other methods of settlement
- The sales contract and INCOTERMS
- Pre-issuance considerations and requirements
- Issuing a documentary credit
- Amendments from an issuing bank perspective
- Advising a documentary credit
- Confirming a documentary credit
- Advising amendments to a beneficiary
- Document characteristics and preparing documents
- Examining documents
- Examining transport documents
- Examining insurance, financial, commercial and official documents
- The role of the nominated bank
- Honor or negotiation
- Refusing documents
- Transferable credits, back-to-back credits, and assignment of proceeds
- The features of documentary credits
- Standby letters of credit
- Bank-to-bank reimbursements and reimbursement from aid agencies
- Dispute resolution
About Certification and Awarding Body – Option 1
Specific Certification Title: CDCS (CERTIFIED DOCUMENTARY CREDIT SPECIALISTS)
About Awarding Body: LONDON INSTITUTE OF BANKING AND FINANCE & BAFT
The CDCS® program has been developed and is continually reviewed by BAFT and The London Institute of Banking & Finance and industry experts to ensure that the certification reflects industry standards and best practices. CDCS® is the international standard for documentary credit specialists, based on the ICC rules.
There are no entry requirements to undertake the CDCS examination. However, it is strongly recommended that candidates have minimum of three years of documentary credit experience.
The exam is a three-hour, paper-based exam
Section A – 60 multiple-choice questions
Section B – 10 multiple-choice questions
- In-basket exercises each with 5 linked multiple-choice questions
- and 3 simulation exercises
The overall qualification will be graded Pass / Distinction. You must achieve a mark of 70% overall (and 60% for Section B).
The qualification grade boundaries are as follows:
Grade Raw mark
Pass 70–94 Distinction 95–100
To ensure that CDCS® team members stay on top of the latest industry developments and trends, the CDCS® program requires recertification every three years. CDCS® professionals must participate in an ongoing program of continuing professional development. CDCS® professionals earn personal development units (PDUs) by attending conferences and workshops and completing online courses in specific areas of international trade finance and documentary credit practice.
Exams are held in April and October each year.
Note: Registration for the October 2019 exam is open, applications and payments must be done before 31 July 2019. The exams are to be held on 25 and 26 October 2019.
The Exam Registration Fee is GBP 580 which includes the cost of Printed study Text. The amount can be paid by Credit/Debit card or by Bank Transfer. Registration can be done at the cdcs.libf.ac.uk
About Certification and Awarding Body – Option 2
Course completion certificate attested by KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority, UAE)
The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is responsible for the growth and quality of private education in Dubai. We support schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors and government partners to create a high quality education sector focused on happiness and well being.
Title: PREPARATION FOR CDCS – CERTIFIED DOCUMENTARY CREDIT SPECIALIST
For application process, please contact us.
Kindly fill the below details to download the Brochure