CDCS (Certified Documentary Credit Specialist) – LG 048
About the program
This course is a must for anyone in the export/Import team and purchase or procurement team who processes letters of credit. The course explains the process in great detail by showing examples and providing the delegates the opportunity of putting into practice what they have learnt by learning it practically.
Who needs the Program
This course is suitable for export sales managers and administration staff.
- Getting involved in the set-up of Letters of Credit to save time and money
- Comprehensive review of the UCP 600 and how it affects Letters of Credit
- Learn Letters of Credit terminology to convey effective payment terms
- Introduction/decision Criteria
- Compare to L/C (Flow, Risk, Cost, Administration)
- Review of L/C Procedure as Exporter and as Importer
- Look at Various Types of L/C’s, with Examples
- Special Types of Letters of Credit, with Examples
- UCP 600, Articles and Note on Each Article
- Transaction Review – Export Letter of Credit with Comments on UCP